The thought of this carrot cake recipe brings me back to Thanksgiving as a kid… it’s a family favorite for us, a must have at every Thanksgiving dinner, and I’m excited to share it with you. I hope you enjoy + don’t forget to share your carrot-cake love with me on Instagram!
- Sift together and stir until well mixed:
- 2 cups plus 1 T all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking power
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add 1/4 cup salad oil
- Beat for 2 minutes – start at medium speed and increase to fast speed
- Add 4 whole eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla
- Beat 2 more minutes at low speed
- Add and stir:
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup drained pineapple crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes in greased and floured pan
THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus an extra 1/4 cup if needed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add 3 confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes. If you want the frosting a little thicker, add the extra 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar (I add it).
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake. Place chopped pecans on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. This helps sets the frosting and makes cutting easier.